Last Updated: December 1, 2017.
1. General Privacy.
We store and use any information you provide to us when you use the Site or provide to us in other ways. You can always choose not to provide the information, but if you don’t provide it, you may not be able to use certain parts of the Site. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information you submit to us. Inaccurate or out of date information will affect the information you receive when using the Site, our ability to contact you and our ability to provide services to you.
2. The Information We Gather.
We gather the following personal and non-personal information about users:
- Automatic Information. This includes which pages of the Site were visited, the order in which the pages of the Site were visited, and the hyperlinks which were “clicked,” IP addresses and the general geographic location of the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each Site user, and cookies. This type of data allows us to serve you better and more efficiently, personalize your experience with the Site and services offered on the Site, determine the length of time each user spends at any particular area of the Site, and ascertain the specific functionality that users choose to use. Cookies also may be used to facilitate a user’s log-in. If you reject our cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of the Site may not work properly, but you do not have to accept our cookies in order to use portions of the Site.
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect personal information from users at several different points on this Site, including, when you create an account, order from the online store, provide information on behalf of your veterinary practice or patients, provide patient prescription information, utilize social media and live chat, subscribe to e-mail newsletters, send e-cards or e-mail, participate in contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, or participate in online polls and surveys. This type of information may include, names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, credit card information, and passwords. You acknowledge and agree that you are required to provide accurate and current information when registering for an account on our Site.
- Mobile Information. When you use or download our mobile apps or subscribe to SMS text alerts, we may receive information about you including your location from your mobile device, including the unique identifier for your mobile device. We may use this information to provide location-based services, advertising, search results, or other personalized content directly to you. You can turn off location services on your device when accessing our Site.
- Newsletter Subscriptions. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we use contact information collected during subscription to send you the newsletter.
- Promotions. Any information you provide related to a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion to us or any third party administering the promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of that promotion, and we may collect and use this information, as may the third party administering the promotion. This type of information may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
3. Use of the Information We Gather Through the Site. We use, collect and aggregate information collected from the Site for the following purposes:
- To build higher quality, more useful services, including by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site;
- To share with third parties, including our business partners, vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to better operation and maintenance of the Site;
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets; and
- To share with government authorities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. We also may share information when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our users, customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other applicable agreements. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate law or a court order. We reserve the right to report any suspected illegal activity to, and cooperate with, law enforcement individuals or entities for investigation or prosecution.
- Sometimes we send offers to our customers on behalf of our Site, our affiliate companies, or on behalf of other third-party partners or companies. If you do not want promotional offers, you can always adjust your preferences by unsubscribing.
Some of our web pages, emails, and other online content may contain electronic images known as web beacons, also known as single-pixel GIFs, which are invisible graphical images. These web beacons allow us to count users who have visited our web pages, seen our ads, or opened our email. Web beacons collect only limited information, such as a cookie identifier, time and date of a page being viewed, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides (the URL).
5. Linked Sites and Social Media. Our Site may contain links and/or references to web sites and other services operated by third party companies that we believe may be of interest to you. We do not endorse, do not control, and are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party sites. Through the Site, you can also choose to access certain social media platforms that are owned and/or controlled by third parties, including, without limitation, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. When you elect to access and use any third-party website or social media platform, you will be sharing your information with those sites. The information that you share will be governed by the privacy policies and terms of service of the providers of such third-party website or social media platform. We have no control over, or liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of third-party sites, including social media, that may be enabled within and/or otherwise accessible through the Site.
6. Security. The security and confidentiality of your personal information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and improper use. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Despite our efforts to protect your personal information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the internet will be intercepted. In effort to protect your personal information, we have taken, or have taken through our service providers, the following steps:
- Requiring both a personal username and a password in order for you to access your Personal Information;
- Using firewalls to protect information held in our servers;
- Utilizing Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption in transmitting personal information to our servers.
- Monitoring the limited number of personnel who have potential access to personal information; and
- Routinely backing up the systems to protect the integrity of personal information.
8. Children’s Privacy. We do not sell products on this Site for purchase by children under the age of 18. Children under 18 years of age may only use this Site with the authorization of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian.
9. Accessing, Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. If you would like to change, update, or delete your information from our systems, you can e-mail us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. Vets First Choice reserves the right, from time to time, to re-contact former users of the Site.
Copyright © 2017 Direct Vet Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.