Vets First Choice CEO Named To Mainebiz NEXT List
PORTLAND, Maine — Benjamin Shaw, founder and CEO of Vets First Choice, the leading provider of veterinary pharmacy, prescription management and compliance marketing services, is shaping the future of Maine, according to Mainebiz. Shaw was one of 10 innovative leaders named to the publication’s annual NEXT List recognizing the state’s most forward-thinking business leaders.
In just five years, Shaw has grown Vets First Choice into a $45 million company employing 160 people at its Portland, Maine headquarters and customer fulfillment centers in Omaha and Manhattan, Kansas, a number they expect to double within the next year.
“I’m honored to be in such esteemed company,” said Shaw of his fellow nominees. “And I’m excited to see what the future holds for Vets First Choice as we continue to grow, add jobs and expand our relationships with veterinarians, clients and manufacturers across the U.S.”
About Vets First Choice
Vets First Choice is a leading provider of cloud-based prescription management, pharmacy services, marketing solutions, and practice analytics for equine and companion animal veterinary practitioners nationwide. Its services result in improved practice profitability, better prescription compliance, reduced inventory and increased client engagement. The Company has been recognized by national accreditation boards, including Vet-VIPPS and PCAB, for exceptional quality, service, and performance. For more information, please visit www.vetsfirstchoice.com.
2017 Featured Articles
Inc. 5000 includes 12 fast-growing Maine companies
- Shaw named EY's regional 'entrepreneur of year’
- Online stores can be good for business but many veterinarians don't know it
- Honors go to pair of Maine innovators in fields of health, pet medication services
- Maine businesses, jobs thrive on growing devotion to pets
- It's a marathon, not a sprint: Don't give up on selling parasite prevention
- Venture capital slows nationally, but Maine has comparatively large deal in Q4
- Portland company lands $52 million to disrupt veterinary industry
- Benjamin Shaw's Vets First Choice bites into traditional distribution
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice invests in Vets First Choice to Accelerate and Expand Services for Veterinary Practices
- Equine Veterinarians and Horse Owners Win with Vets First Choice/Luitpold Animal Health Partnership
- Vets First Choice Launches Industry's First Mobile Prescription App